Fundraising Ideas, Hints and Tips
Fundraising can be tricky if you’ve not attempted it before, so we’ve gathered some of our top fundraising ideas, hints and tips to help you along the way.
If you’d like to take part in an organised event, trek or international trip, click here for some inspiration. I
f you’re taking part in an organised event and have already signed up, the first step is to set up your online fundraising page using justgiving. If the event you’re taking part in hasn’t set you a minimum fundraising target, make sure you include a realistic target for yourself – justgiving pages with targets are said to raise 40% more than if they didn’t have a target! Remember to personalise your page, add photos and let your supporters know why you have chosen the challenge you are doing and the charity you are supporting. Make sure you share your fundraising page via all social networks, and email to your friends and family to let them know what you’re doing.
Scroll down to download the Victoria’s Promise fact sheet and sponsorship form.
Here are a few ideas of how you can raise money and achieve your fundraising target!
- Take part in a sponsored run
- Join us on a UK or International challenge
- Sign up to Easyfundraising and raise money as you shop
- Hold a quiz night
- Have a bake sale
- Host a supper club
- Have a girls night in
- Hold a charity football/netball match
- Sell your unwanted items at a carboot or on ebay
- Have a garden party
- Ask your company if they’ll do matched fundraiding
- Organise a non uniform day or dress down day
- Bag pack at the local supermarket
- Sing Carols
- Hold a bucket collection (please get in touch if you want to know more about street collections!)
- Offer your skills for a donation eg ironing, gardening
- Hold a car wash
- Have a bake sale
- Organise a concert
- Organise a bingo night
- Have a raffle
- Organise a sweepstake
- Make and sell a recipe book
- Organise a comedy night
- Have a swear jar in the office
- Have a halloween party
- Hold an easter egg hunt
- Have a film night
- Organise a dance-a-thon
- Choose something you enjoy or have experience in
- Play for a local sports team? Why not organise a charity match
- Like to bake? Hold a bake sale at your office
- Enjoy exercise? Why not hold a zumbathon or take part in a sponsored run
- Get your workmates involved
- Include a raffle in your event- an easy way to make a little bit extra, ask local companies for a donation in return for a mention in the thank yous
- Do something outside your comfort zone and get sponsored for it
- Set up an online fundraising page at justgiving.com/victoriaspromise
- Don’t forget to use our resources – get in touch with Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org to get a sponsorship form, and order some tshirts and flyers!
- Use social media to keep your friends and family up to date with your fundraising and don’t forget to tag us!
- Let us know what you’re doing so we can help promote it!